Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Real Reality

Sadly, I have been reading next to nothing. I did read cosmo in spanish in which I learned how to detect a jealous friend. And I read the rotary club of cajamarca monthly press release. I have certainly read some road signs, price tags, and restaurant menus. And occasionally I read the logos on hats, shirts, and neck braces of those who pass by.

But I havn´t read anything quite of the substance that I am used to. A long novel, a collection of short stories, a newsweek feature. Those are the things that keep my brain from turning into a pot of cebiche. And although I have hit my head on cielings, fans, and other low hanging objects several times, I attribute the degeneration of my brain to none other than lack of reading.

This is not a plea for help. This is like a Severe thunderstorm warning that you see at the bottom of your television screen.

In other news, Ecuador seems to be a beautiful country full of banana trees and empañadas. It is a bit easier to poop here and there are parks full of curious iguanas. Some people say river, others say ocean. Nobody gets in a fight over this issue. And bowling does exist. In fact, the world bowling hall of fame might be in Ecuador.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home