Saturday, December 17, 2005

Asi es, Asi sea

Since it has been weeks, almost an entire month since I have last recorded in this spotty compilation of my life´s occurences, and since I just ran into Miles,(half of the famed British couple who I just found out are postponing there trip to Chile to surprise mom and pop in Barbados)I feel that I owe something of value in this entry. And since value can be difficult to define and like most things is completely relative, I will not attempt to aknowledge how much or what kind of value I am presenting.

So with out further a do I must go ahead and reveal today´s confession, which is that I may or may not be in South America. What I´m saying is that I may not have ever left my country of citizenship. My work as a psychologist in Cajamarca may as well have been an intership at St. John´s Mental Health in Portland, Oregon. Perhaps my neighbors pet monkey Valentina was really just a black lab. And my conversations reffering to god punishing us with hurricanes could just as well been your typical neoconservative jesus freak from the midwest. I know this is not news to every one. There are many rumors floating about as there always are. And since I consider truth to be another one of those things that is relative, I prefer not to distinguish between rumor and validity as I consider this an impossible act. I cannot prove I am neither here nor there, so like the movie Gossip, every one will decide for themselves what story they want to beleive. Myself included.

In effort of not being too philosophical I will go ahead and tell some stories.

Story #1
About two weeks ago I woke up with red dots all over my body. They covered every single spot of skin except for where I was wearing underwear(on my head). The next day I woke up drenched in my own urine. The next day I woke up and my red spots were completely gone. The next day I woke up and took my pissed soaked underwear out of a tightly tied plastic bag and breathed in the humiliating yet fresh odor.

Story #2
I got on an airplane in Cuenca, Ecuador. The flight attendent said the flight would last 30 minutes. My watch read 8:33am and 17 seconds when we took off. My watch read 9:03am and 49 seconds when we landed in Quito. It was a good flight, although it lasted more than 30 minutes.

Story #3
My shower happened not to get hot one day so I tiptoed into a middle aged woman´s apartment and used her shower. I pulled a little from her soap, but only read the labels of her shampoo and conditioner.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are getting more bizarre with each entry. ARE you okay? Are the red spots affecting your brain?

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you're into old ladies now? What gives?

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home